View Single Post
Old 03-14-2010, 05:23 PM   #46
Mister D
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,606
A tiny little ride

I know that this in no way compares with Alpha's or anybody elses' ride report on here, but it was a great ride for me. About six weeks ago I had a little accident on my DR and I broke my ankle (see face plant). Almost two weeks ago my doctor cleared me to ditch my crutches and start to walk on my cast, and he gave me a little boot to put over it. After a few days I got so I could actually walk again, so of course I had to fire up my Triumph and ride in first gear in front of my house. Then today I went to Conway to go shopping at Tractor Supply with my wife. Naturally this took several hours. After all that standing my foot felt remarkably good, almost normal, except with a cast arround it. So...

As soon as we came home, I put my gear on, that is, my jacket, one boot and my non-ruined helmet, fired up the Triumph, and rode off. My sweetheart just waved. Rode down the mile of dirt to the highway, then after checking that there were no cars, got on the highway and put the hammer down, with clumsy slow motion shifts in between. Man, it felt so good to feel that wind, haven't felt it in six weeks. Then I pulled off into a neighborhood about two miles down the road and just cruised around. Traffic was extremely light and I kept it at a slow cruise in third gear. Did that for about half an hour. Then I headed home, with another slightly speedy part of it thrown in. When I pulled back in, I guess my wife had been a little worried, because she mistook my triumphant whoop for a yell of pain. After I reassured her that I was OK, I put my gear up as usual and just sat there and felt great. What a little blast! Sorry I didn't get in any pics haha.