View Single Post
Old 03-28-2010, 09:02 AM   #1554
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,319
to tube or not to tube in a R1150GS????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjakura
Woody thanks for the offer to send it in but not an option for me from regional Australia. Considering fixing thr issue in the short term by fitting a tube, but have received some feedback that the 2000 model GS1150 (non adventurer) is not set up to take a tube, rim design not suitable and would be extremely unsafe to ride.

What do you think about fitting a tube to this rim, Do you agree? and if there is what ? is the difference between adventurer rim and a standard 1150GS
'gday mate

i see no reason why a tube would not be do-able...i would use a heavy duty version,,,and use tire talc od baby powder to minimize friction ,,,remove the metal or rubber valve stem and you are good to go...

may i suggest that before you do that,,that you break the bead on the side where the air is leaking through ,,clean the area thoroughly and see if you can find a crack or evidence where the leak is being generated,,,then apply some silicone-seal or this product called goop in the entire bead area,,,let it set up and cure for a day and then pop the tire on and check for leaks

woody
....Wanna e-mail us... woodyswheelworks@gmail.com
......Wanna talk,,,call us
toll free... 1-866-936-0232
........If you're lost???... GPS = 39*40'33.86N x 104*59'54.69W
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote