View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 10:02 PM   #101
terrascout
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,488
KLR 250 out and about

Met up with Tim (Magoo) at Baum for the KLRs break in gravel ride. We headed down 71b to West Fork the headed east on CR34 Turned to gravel once we were a ways up the hill. Hit a very small peice of CR 30 then headed south on ?Low Gap RD Tim can correct me if I am wrong. Got to a distinct intersection believe it is Low Gap and True Love Rd. We were pretty sure we knew were Low Gap was going so we headed south. Followed it all the way back down to 71b. Not wanting to explore that road we turned back and headed west at the next intersection which was CR156 had a slight course correction as we could not tell if the road actually ended or someones yard had just enguled the road. So we turned and found another way around. CR156 ended by the Woolsey Cemetery on 71B. Think I knew were I was I took the lead to show Tim the back way to West Fork. Well after a U turn on 71 back to the Woolsey cemetery we head across the old bridge and then up to West Fork Through the paved curved along the river and north past Tims test plots. Make it back up to Fayetteville and while Magoo heads home I headed to La Hacienda for some grub.

Nice little exploration after work. So I have the first little bit of gravel from West Fork to Drakes creek figured now I just need to get from CR34 to Thompson cut or Crosses on on 16 via gravel or dirt and we will be good for a Saturday Ride ffrom West Fork past Docs to Mossy Creeks. Of course the water will need to go down before I am trying Thompson Cut. If Elvis goes first I'll follow as long as JD is with.
terrascout is offline   Reply With Quote