View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 12:27 AM   #7
Studly Adventurer
gybeman's Avatar
Joined: Apr 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Oddometer: 625
The current GasGas models may still come with all the street hardware but unless your MTO office (DMV for the US guys) have them on the OK list for BC you will be out of luck with the exception of 20+ yr old bikes such as the one shown that where prevously allowed.
My 2008 250 came with /DRL/hi/lo beam, switches for turn signals and headlight, horn, speedo computer (same as the enduro model), tail/brake lights and switches. Basically everything you would need except turnsignals, but the switch is there for that too. No chance to street plate it in Ontario though, as shortly after I street plated my 300EC they pulled the plug on allowing such things to happen due to non conforming vin# and NIVIS which states its an offroad only model. Luckily they are still allowing the previously plated bikes to remain plated.
What trials trails are you speaking of ? A bud is moving to BC as I type and I'm sure he will be interested.
2008 GasGas TXT250, 2009 Aprilia Shiver, 1974 Montesa Cota 247, 1969 CL350 restoration in progress)
Fairly recent gone and missed: 1999 VFR800, 2002 640 Adventure, 2006 GasGas EC300
Old history: a mixed of about 30 other dual sport, street, MX and trials
gybeman is offline   Reply With Quote