View Single Post
Old 04-07-2010, 08:22 AM   #33
JDowns OP
Sounds good, let's go!

Oddometer: 2,548
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaZ9
John,

I can relate to comments about your riding in strong winds. A buddy and I were out riding in the Moab area last week and the winds had to be 20-30 mph steadily for 2 full days and gusting up to 40 or so. It made riding miserable, but we were there and did the best we could. I can handle snow, rain and cold, but I hate riding in the wind!

Just curious what your load looked like on the sherpa. You have posted some partial views of you SS, but would appreciate a shot showing how things were loaded up.

I will be picking up a low milage Sherpa this weekend and can't wait to test it's dual sport abilities. I have a fullly set up DR650 and a XR250L and am curious how the Sherpa will fit in with, and maybe replace one or both of my other bikes.

Great report and photos...keep it coming and ride safe!

Taz
Hi TaZ9,

Everything is black on my bike, so hard to photograph.

I replaced the Sherpa peanut tank with a 4 gal. XR650L gas tank. And use some Cortex soft bags that frankly don't hold much. So I carry my lightweight clothes, down bag and tarp tent in a small black drybag on the stock rear rack which came with the bike. But with the black sheepskin seat cover I zip tied to the stock Sherpa seat, it is hard to make out what is what in my photos

I have an XR250L as well, and it is sitting in the garage. But I love that bike so haven't sold it yet. In fact I have a garage full of bikes back in Oregon that I really should sell. However, the old BMW R80ST has taken me 120,000 miles from Alaska down to Guatemala and all places in between, so have a hard time parting with it.

When I moved to Nebraska a couple years ago I only took one bike. It's the one I ride all the time. SUPER SHERPA, FTW!

BUT I'm biased. And poor. And a little nuts. So probably not the best person to ask. It does everything I ask of it and after 20,000 miles has required nothing from me other than routine maintenance. Later on in the story you'll learn just what an amazing little bike the Sherpa is.

Kindest regards,
John Downs

JDowns screwed with this post 04-07-2010 at 08:31 AM
JDowns is offline   Reply With Quote