View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 01:50 PM   #407
HogWild
Scott Whitney

Oddometer: 2,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule
Real test for me will be whether it's a true navigational rally or a "Baja" style.
The Mexican 1000 Rally was a little of both. NORRA wanted to make it easy for the Baja racers to compete, so they provided roadbooks AND a GPS file. Though there were no course markers like are used in the typical Baja races. Some people navigated by roadbook, some by GPS, and some used both. Next year I think they will tighten it up a bit and maybe eliminate the GPS navigation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackMule
Interesting! They've got the 3 days' roadbooks posted on the site, if anyone's interested. http://www.norra.com/events.php
Those moto roadbooks are MY roadbooks that I made for them. The roadbook they orignally provided was oriented towards cars and would not fit in a standard moto roadbook holder. So I offered to take their info from the car roadbook and convert it into a moto roadbook, which I completed just in time for the race. A few single-seater buggies also used the moto roadbook. Most of the regular Baja racing people need some educating on the whole roadbook thing before they'll use it. NORRA is heading in the right direction.
HogWild is offline   Reply With Quote