View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 05:53 AM   #9038
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firedawg450
This has probably been covered somewhere in the six hundered pages, but I'm wondering if someone can tell me what jetting & number of turns they may have done on an 07 Scram with gutted stock pipes, gutted airbox (restrictor gone), unifilter, snorkle removed? I'm using the Jenks tuning guide as my main source - main jets 122, pilots 40, 1 shim. Trying to figure out the right number of turns on the idle mixture.

Thanks
Best resource I know of is Ventura's posts over on Rat.net. LINK

Quote:
This is cut and pasted from one of Ventura's posts.
During all of the testing and modding, my Scrambler was fitted with Zard 2:1 exhaust, but the initial results were the same as with NH after-market silencers.
It seems probable therefore that any opened-up exhaust system will give comparable results.
It was also without the AI system.
It was concluded during testing that the type of filter (stock paper or Uni) made no difference to A/F ratio, so this isn't included.
All the below adjustments were made to maintain an A/F ratio of between 13:1 and 13.7:1
This being the considered optimum.

Stock exhaust with snorkel................110 / 40 / no shims / 1.5 turns
Open exhaust + no snorkel................115 / 40 / no shims / 2.0 turns
Above + Restrictor gone....................120 / 40 / 1 shim / 1.0 turns
Above + enlarged filter inlet...............130 / 40 / no shims / 1.75 turns
Above + RHS opened up....................135 / 40 / no shims / 2.0 turns
Above + velocity stacks.....................145 / 40 / no shims / 2.5 turns
With ARK + good pod filters............. >145 / 40 / no shims / 2.5 turns
Looks like you are right on the money with 120/40/1 shim. Ventura recommended 1 turn. Should get you pretty close anyway.

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote