View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #9043
Grizzlybear
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 513
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlybear
Point taken! I have since cut down one of those foam Triumph 'stubby holders' and zip-tied it to the resevoir. Looks cool and will soak up any leakage as well. I'll be taking a few pics over the weekend so will post up big next week.
The weekend has come and gone, the BEARS Challenge (British, American, European Racing, no jappers... get it) races were run and won and all objectives meet. Concerning the last, the main one was to ensure that I could drive myself home instead of being driven home with my arm in a sling (or worse!)

The bottom line... the Scram ran perfectly, heaps dropped by in the pits to ape at the bike, pass admiring glances and take their pics. Due to a small number of entries in the BEARS formula 4 section in which we were entered, formula 3,4&5 sections where run together to form a total field of about 25 bikes.

We finished a stong last, second last, third or fourth last in all races but in so doing managed to accrue the most points in the Formula 4 division so we got to cart home the trophy!!!! Hows that! Here's a couple of pics but the trackside photographer took a whole bunch of action shots which I'll post when they arrive on CD in the mail.

For those interested in lap times, my best was 1min 19.8 secs but was generally circulating in the 1min 20/21sec bracket. The lead riders were riding 125kg Aprillia RSV550 supermotards doing around 1min 7 sec to 1min 10 sec laps. Morgan Park at Warwick is a curcuit of 2.1km with an extension of .9km to be added later this year which will make it an awesome place to ride. My personal challenge was to finish the race before being lapped by these fearless young'uns on their souped up trail bikes... hey, isn't that what our Scrambler is?

The Contenental Race Attacks worked brilliantly with never an "oh bugger" type moment!

Current rides: 2009 Triumph Scrambler, 2013 KTM Adventure 1190

Grizzlybear screwed with this post 05-10-2010 at 04:09 AM
Grizzlybear is offline   Reply With Quote