View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #1
Laros OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
Outerbanks, Charleston SC, the Smokies!!

Shakey Hands, Dyno and I agreed several months ago to go for a week long ride this Spring. Dyno and I had done a 4,000 km trip to James Bay last June, so we knew that we and our bikes were compatable, and we met Shakey at a Fall Colours ride last fall and he mentioned he was ready for a week long ride. After 6,000 emails we finally agreed on a route that would take us from the Toronto area, down past Baltimore to the coast, down the Outerbanks to Myrtle Beach and on to Charleston, SC. From there we would head north again through the Smokey Mountains and back home.

Here are a few teaser pics to get this RR started:

See the two guys standing in the middle of the next picture? They are NOT looking for a lost dog...

There is a bike down over the edge, about 30 feet straight down, and one of the guys standing there is "all shook up". More on that later...

Our first plan was to go to Newfoundland, but quickly discovered that was not a one week trip from the Toronto area. We really needed two weeks, so we had to file those plans for later. Our next plan was to hit Maine, Nova Scotia and PEI. We learned that May can/will be very wet and cold on the east coast of Canada. Even the Nova Scotia tourism brochures mentioned that "spring comes reluctantly to Nova Scotia". One of Shakey's friends commented that we would have to be retarded to ride Nova Scotia in May. For a while we were referring to our ride as the reTARD ride. So, south it was going to be.

This RR will be short on words and long on pics, okay?

Canucks Exploring Nicaragua
James Bay 2009
The Heart of Algonquin Park 2010
Outerbanks and The Smokies
Laros is offline   Reply With Quote