View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 07:05 AM   #9371
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,507
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseanhyzer

I am using a PIAA bulb and it's much whiter and brighter than the stock one. I don't do much riding at night. Even in broad daylight, the PIAA bulb is very bright and noticeable for traffic.

Here is the bulb I am using: LINK

I think the stock lens still sucks, but this bulb is an improvement for sure.

Thank you! It might not be the ultimate solution but knowing that the whiter bulb is an improvement makes that the first place that I will try.

I expect that while everything is still relatively new and clean (switch, connectors, etc.) there may not be a big improvement with the relay ..... yet, probably something to think about in the long run, particularly after seeing how quickly some parts of the bike have begun to oxidize (sounds so much better than RUST!). A reflector and lens designed for something other than to provide lighting similar to that of the old, Lucas (they weren't called "Prince Of Darkness" for no reason) equipped, Meriden built, machines would be the best improvement but I believe that it has already been found that nothing good will fit the existing shell.

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote