View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 07:10 AM   #71
Rad
Just me

Oddometer: 12,153
Quote:
Originally Posted by JADM
I have just arrived home from my longest ride so far (not a big deal by your standards) but it's another step forward for me. We did a week on the bike that went from San Jose to Reno then out to Carson City, then down to Minded And out to Yerington, and back around Lake Tahoe, to Carson City and back home. All told it was five days, 1000 miles (and a few rest stops for fire water and gambling) not a world record by any means, But I am working at expanding my abilities

when I got back and I noticed that i have 12k Service around the cornerand probably a set of new tires at the same time. I went back and calculated the repair cost per mile for each mile i ride this bike and over the past year I average 87.5 cents per mile in repair costs (not counting gas or oil)

I have an "RT"question for the group....

do I have a lemon of an RT or is this just what it costs to run an RT..???

" am I throwing money at a dead hourse?

don

Contrary to what most people think, you can operate a modern economy car for far less than you can a modern larger displacement motorcycle. BMWs fall into this group with one big exception, if you do your own work on them, including tire changes, the cost per mile can drop dramatically.
Rad is online now   Reply With Quote