Old 07-05-2010, 02:48 PM   #31
LocuL OP
Gnarly Infantry

Oddometer: 1,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommytiger
so you will have 64 liters with you in your 300kg KTM
I should answer that question.

When i do the "long haul" riding. Highway stuff ala Autostrada Germany or likewise. I would like the option of +900km. When riding normal roads and standard gravelroads I will not feel the actually weight. I think i can adapt to weight. Its when it gets technical or twisty the fun starts. Beside that, when it tip over someday fully loaded, im in a great shape and would lift it without big efforts.
But yes i would like to have the options for 64l. Though im not all into how you can stretch the RC8R engine at normal daypace.

Benz:
I dont have interest in working with the 950/990 engine. As a matter of fact i have one sitting in a crate with a lost 6th gear. I could make that a crazyhorse.
If i can get a RC8R around 25.000 Dkr(3600euro) with low milage ithink that project in it own screams for the test. It would probably cost the same to make a 990 insane. And i will not tune the RC8R, reliability is the way. Not that i think the LC8 couldnt take the beating.

RC8R is my choise. If it fails im a way more poor man than before...though a bit more clever.

Regards
Mikael

Ps: As mentioned before it will take months before the first step. Patience.

Keep comming with "your thoughts". Bad and Good.