View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 12:35 AM   #4
la fletche
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 261
Only issue that I have encountered was last December when I blew a fuse to the starter motor on the Moonan Flat rally. Had to push start it for the rest of the ride, (starts easy with a push from a few good men). Found out when I got home that the problem was with a light globe that was on the same fuse relay. Fit a new globe and problem was sorted.
Have not had a chance to ride much of late which is a bitch but I will get back on the horse once more!
You wont get a bad word out of my mouth about this bike, a real go anywhere machine. Pity someone didnt manufacture a larger fuel tank. I noticed that there is a aux. tank available for a pre 2007 Transalp, wonder if it could be modded for the 2008 model?
After thought, the bike is a little lowslung and with the aftermarket centrestand it drops it another inch which gets it bulldozing in sand. I dont think that this a reason to discount the bike but just something to take note of when in deep sand conditions, maybe their is someone out there that could design a better centerstand that does not come past the skid plate on the bottom of the bike.

la fletche screwed with this post 07-06-2010 at 12:56 AM
la fletche is offline   Reply With Quote