View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 12:25 AM   #95
nikhuzlan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 105
The first batch of Scooligans arrived at Temerloh in just over an hour. The Wingers were slightly faster arriving at the same place.

L-R, Sean, Don, Pian, Ariv, Amir CR.

Despite riding sub 20HP machines, in true Sportsbike Riders' spirit, the arguments about who's faster started as soon as the sidestand was deployed. Clearly the idea of casual riding on scooters were put aside as soon as they departed the last Gas station.

The Wingers

The Megascoots arrived shortly afterwards, greeted by the Wingers with a handshake. The Lady of the group wasted no time handing me a bottle of mineral water. Nice gesture....thanks....

I was being 'poisoned' to get a Wing by the Wingers......

Sean was complaining about his Sportcity not being able to keep up with Don, who was on an identical bike. Amir CR then removed the air filter element from Sean's bike, trying to squeeze what little HP the scooter has to offer.

Meanwhile, Ariff was feeling pleased with his Vespa. We expected Ariff to always be last, but he was able to keep pace with the rest.

After a couple of cigarettes, some fuel, we mounted for departure, with the next RV point at the Jabur interchange.

The Sean and Don show.

Ariv on the road....

Behind the faceshield Ariff has probably put on his 'Race Face' that would do justice on the MotoG grid.....

Pian pouring on the coal on his SYM, the smallest bike in the group at 171.2CC.

We had the road to ourselves as there was very little traffic. While it doesn't look like it, these three were at their throttle stops, doing 2 kilometers a minute.

By this time it looks apparent that Don, now renamed Demon Don, is turning into the Valentino Rossi of the pack. However, I cannot be sure whether Demon Don was smiling or if it was the windblast that's reshaping his face.

Sean, who realised his Sportcity is gradually turning into the Sportshitty, had to get serious by adding the racer crouch into his list of 'Go-Fast' strategy. It clearly worked as his speed increased from 110km/h to 111km/h. He would probably catch the rest by 2010 January......

Eventually, with Don disappearing into the horizon, Sean had no choice but get his KERS power boost system into action.....

With the group strung out over a couple of kilometers, I decided an unscheduled RV at Maran layby was in order to regroup.

Sean who arrived last became the natural BUTT of jokes.....

Ready to depart for Cherating, with another 130kms to go...

The East Coast Expressway is billiard table smooth...

To make up for his tortoise pace Sean had to stick out his knee while exiting the ECE for Jabur

And despite the Goldwings having more CCs than all the small scooters in our group put together, we arrived at Cherating at the same time....

The Scooligans on the Cherating road

Arivespa

Majestically Classic

Faisal Blacknight

Pian

Sportshitty Sean

Demon Don

Amir Isa

After a short ride we arrived at our destination, found by Ariff on the Internet, and led there by the magic of Garmin GPS.....

The 'Lobby", if it can be called that, does not look like much....

It was an amazing first day ride. We arrived at our destination within 3 hours and a bit, including stops, on probably RM20 worth of gas, not at all tired, certainly feeling better that if we rode conventional big bikes. The little scooters, while not fast on the straights were clocked at 129km/h on my Garmin on the straights. We had so much fun along the way, no one had a moment while riding. Amir Isa, who is a newbie to this riding thing was riding like a veteran despite this being his first trip riding ou of the Taman Tun safety zone

As we were checking in, we were all eager in anticipation of the fun we will be having over the next few days......

More To Follow....
nikhuzlan is offline   Reply With Quote