View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 05:50 PM   #3
prometheus rising OP
Ghost In The Machine

Oddometer: 716
The Road to Lake Placid - part 1

The Best laid plans of mice and men

often change, and As my friend The Red Ace so often reminds me "change is the only constant in life" so I go with it

Before I started out I took the first shot of the day

And when I started back up to the house my phone rang. It was my good friend and insurance agent Roger , we had been trying to coordinate our schedules since April for a ride and the conversation went like this

Roger: What are you doing today

Me: I'm on my way to Lake Placid

Roger: When ?

Me: Now

Roger: Screw Lake Placid, I cancelled all my appointments but one today. Lets take that ride, I;ll meet you at 1:00, I'm buying lunch

Me: OK

Even though it was 6 hours away I knew some nice routes to ride that would loop me around to where we arranged to meet

So, gear up and I'm off to the races

First I stopped to window shop for a reliable used car, seeing nothing in my price range I moved on

And watched somebody who didn't have the day off

though I avoid the super slab whenever humanly possible I wanted to drop off some paperwork to a sub contractor, so i jumped on I 87 aka The Northway made a fast stop for the drop and exited here. If you've been to Americade you've seen this

The Adirondacks and Beyond ADV ride report

prometheus rising screwed with this post 01-18-2014 at 11:02 AM
prometheus rising is offline   Reply With Quote