View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 11:16 PM   #65
pdedse
paraelamigosincero

Oddometer: 1,104
We left Ciudad del Carmen by 1130am and headed for Mérida and just got totally soaked as the rain hammered us once we entered the city looking for a hotel. Found a nice enough one and set out to explore and find something to eat...

I had never tried Montejo before but it was really nice.
We ate at a place called Los Almendros which was appropriately named as the park across the street had a number of almond trees. Above is Sopa de Limon which was other worldly and Jeff had arroz con pollo which he shared with me, and then he moved on to a different pork dish...

The cathedral at night...

And the next morning...

Did a lot of bike maintenance but the old dog is holding up well...have covered 2000 miles so far this trip and I have added about 3/4 quart of oil, but we´ve been riding at 75 for long periods so I don´t think that´s abnormal.

I´ve been needing a coin purse or something to hold all the change you get from the cuota toll roads and after a walk around the plaza where everybody was selling their beautiful crafts, clothing, and other items, the only thing I could come up with was the black monedero in the middle...these just scream Yucatan...right?

Walking around the plaza, Sunday morning...

Sunday morning mass just ending...

We got all packed up and it was around 1130 again when we pulled out of Mérida...we had made an important decision...we would forego the World Cup final in favor of going to Chichen Itza...
pdedse is offline   Reply With Quote