View Single Post
Old 07-12-2010, 12:28 AM   #66
pdedse
paraelamigosincero

Oddometer: 1,122
How could I forget this one...

I had met Luis in the morning, a kind looking man with few front teeth, an odd sore growth under his left eye and whitish hair. He and another hotel employee ambled over to where I was (sweat streaming down my forehead and I was in the shade). The first question is "what size is it?" and then the make...the lowly klr650 is a huge bike for them. Them come the "where did you come from?" questions and the quizzical looks when you tell them.

Luis still rides! He looked like he wanted to take a spin on mine, but his little blue scooter was tucked away in a corner of the hotel courtyard parking area. Still, he´s riding at his age, thumbs up!

He gave me directions to get out of town. Later when we we´re leaving he strolled over again to chat with us. He repeated the directions and then Jeff was on the spot and gave him one of the soccer balls he brought down to give to children. But it just seemed the right thing to do at the time. I think he was quite pleased...not even sure he´ll share it with the grandkids...

pdedse is offline   Reply With Quote