View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 04:59 AM   #1
teachnsurf OP
Bonnie Adventurer

Oddometer: 253
Two Santa Cruz Inmates Make a Break for Seattle

We Leave Today

I love my job. As a fourth grade teacher, each day of work is very rewarding, full of laughs, and quite meaningful. For ten weeks each summer, I'm free.

Last summer, I rode my 09 Bonneville to Augusta, Maine, and back, while stopping at all the state capital buildings along the way. That was an epic adventure (9,857 miles over 4 weeks) and a wonderful way to get my feet wet into the world of long-distance riding.

Last Saturday, I went to see Inception (worth a view, especially on the big screen) and ran into @large. He asked me how this summer's ride to Seattle went. I explained that I hadn't got around to doing it yet so he suggested that we ride up together. After quickly looking at calendars, we realized today would be a good day to leave.

With a few days to prepare and pack, we hit the road at 08:30 and have till Wednesday to get to Seattle so the Slab will not be in order.

The bike, the rider, and his happy dog upon last year's homecoming.

Tonight, @large and I should have a bit more to tell.
This is my Bonneville. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Bonneville is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Bonneville, without me, is useless. Without my Bonneville, I am useless. I must ride my Bonneville true. I must ride faster than my enemy who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me. I will.

1st Epic Journey

teachnsurf is offline   Reply With Quote