Thread: R100/7 build
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 07:46 AM   #42
nella OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Farmer
That Mini Lathe looks just like mine. Fantastic piece of kit and very adictive once you start customising the machine and tooling. I've just bought swiss indexing tooling and a QD tool mount system . Nella's still in the dark ages with is carbide tipped tooling and old school toolmount

They handle 4" diameter work pieces witout any problem which just about covers most things you would want to do on a bike.
Rob,

I'd love a quick change tool post and some of that indexed tooling but for what I do these tools work just fine. Sounds like you have a nice setup! I go over to littlemachineshop.com and salivate at some of the tooling available for these machines.

For something like a fork swap where you need various bushings, spacers and other mods it is doing what I want it to do and has paid for itself. I needed to farm out the spacers and axle to a machine shop for reasons related to the size of the machine. I regret not getting something like an 8"x12" or 8"x14" and for the price I'm paying for the machine work for those parts it would have paid for the difference in cost between this lathe and the next size up.

Best regards,

Scott