View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 11:22 PM   #5
teachnsurf OP
Bonnie Adventurer

Oddometer: 254
Day 1 Ends in Ft. Bragg, CA

Introducing @large and The Beast

The day started off well and on time, which is always a good sign; although, the coast was coated in grey and wet.

Our route had us starting north on Hwy 1 out of Santa Cruz. Not too far out of town we came across an awesome gorilla and a hay bale labyrinth (out of frame).

Just outside of Pescadero, we stopped for some fashion photos.

We made it to SF without problems or photos and then cut west on one toward the coast and more cold and grey.

After tooling around north on some wonderful two lane roads and seeing a bunch of riders heading south (everybody was in a waving mood today) we reached Tomales Bay. A not too tall ridge separates the bay from the ocean and the fog. Yeii, sunshine and warmth.

We stopped to take a few pics and take care of some personal business.

Unfortunately, after the bay, the road cuts west and the fog resumes.

We decided 99 miles of costal fog and summer traffic just wasn't going to cut it so we headed inland as we made our way up north. Just 15 miles east we found some sun, California vineyards and happy cows.

Although it was 100 degrees, it was a really nice change from the wind chill. Out came the mesh gloves and away with the liners.

We ate up some miles on 101 and turned right when we got to Hwy 20. Ft Bragg was just over a hill.

We got to Ft. Bragg and met up with a college mate of mine, Jay. He is the proprietor of the Harbor Lite Lodge in Ft. Bragg (awesome place all of you advriders) and an excellent host. He took us to Silvers for an incredible meal.

Jay

After 11 hours on the road and 300 some miles, we're calling it a night and wondering what tomorrow has in store.
This is my Bonneville. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Bonneville is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My Bonneville, without me, is useless. Without my Bonneville, I am useless. I must ride my Bonneville true. I must ride faster than my enemy who is trying to beat me. I must beat him before he beats me. I will.

1st Epic Journey

teachnsurf is offline   Reply With Quote