View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 08:23 PM   #163
GoneAgain OP
Huh?

Oddometer: 1,397
so Paul (from way back on page 1, who bought a Harley the same day as i got my 800..) had come to his senses, sold the Harley, and after a few weeks of looking had bought a second-hand DR650...

a few weeks before he was due to pick it up, we'd started planning a 4 day Grampians trip...

the time came around quickly, we were due to meet at Dunkeld at midday... not liking the idea of getting up early enough to get there from Adelaide, i decided to leave the day before and stop down near Mt Gambier the night..

i was 'late' leaving Adelaide as usual, and was running low on fuel, so it was a detour into Murray Bridge to fuel up..

then down thru the Coorong 'again'...

was after dark when i finished the day... stopping in at a mates place to have a cold beer to warm up after the chilly nighttime ride..

next morning was bloody cold... 2 degrees when i went to pack bike...

i was late again, but made good time and got to Dunkeld only 1 hour late.. had a text from Paul saying he was running late too..

after some lunch, a few coffees, a thorough investigate of the town and more coffee, Paul finally arrived ...3 hours late.. not bad considering he only had to come about 250kms

so after a chat and the mandatory check out of each other bikes, it was time to fuel up.. and get moving... (since there was only maybe 2 hours daylight left today )

i'd spent a bit of time playing with the gps whilst waiting so had a little bit of a plan sorted for where to enter the Grampians National Park..

it was 'here'

it was a great 20 mins or so of dirt and sand.. which of course ended at the mandatory 'shut gate'..

fortunately it was just 'shut' and not 'locked'..

on again... past this 'mud-hole' that Philmeup and i had 'played' in about 6 months earlier.. bit more water in it this time... since it was getting so late (and cold) we didnt stop to play...

i'm thinking i must just be a bit more used to bikes now, as i was really enjoying this ride more than 6 months ago when Phil and i were here.. (we even 'kinda' vowed not to come back again )

all the water crossings were a bit deeper and wider now too

and the water was 'apparently' colder...

anyway, we soon called it a day (to a wonderfull full moon...)

GoneAgain screwed with this post 09-07-2011 at 02:29 AM
GoneAgain is offline   Reply With Quote