View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 12:03 PM   #13
DaveBall OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,162
I have looked at the Urals and like what I see, except for the pricing. Around here, they are like hens teeth and the pricing reflects that. New ones are pushing of $17,000Cdn after taxes, PDI, etc. Used ones, are seldom under $7000, if you can find one, and then it is usually a pre 1999 model. To buy one out of the USA involves a lot of other issues, the worst being able to get to properly assess it without traveling all over the place to find the right one. Costs are an issue.

I have toyed with the idea of adding a sidecar to my current bike, 1981 R100RT, but like to be able to ride it without the sidecar as well. The other bike in the stable is my wife's R45, which would be an excellent candidate for a hack. But the problem there is convincing "She who must be obeyed" that she really needs it. Then, if I can convince her, she would probably like it so much I would never get a chance to ride it. Hmm, conundrum.

Will continue to keep looking for the right scooter. It appears that you can attach a sidecar to just about any of them.
DaveBall is offline   Reply With Quote