View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 01:25 AM   #171
pdedse
paraelamigosincero

Oddometer: 1,122
Jeff and I were amazed at how many times in Mexico the clouds threatening to dump buckets of rain on us would part and we'd ride through, or the clouds would build on the left and the hiway would break right. The same thing as I punched through Salt Lake area on the way to Idaho. Strong headwind made the going tough, but by 5:00pm I had made the border...

By 6:30, I had covered 525 miles for the day, and that was within the 500 mile range I'd hoped for, so time to start looking for a hotel...I'm always looking for some sort of sign that tells you this area of a city is good, or that hotel is bad...in this case I literally found a sign. New rule: if you're looking for hotel and you find a city named after you, you must stay in that city...it just seems right.

I still had some daylight to go for run, and I was kind of sad, knowing that I had put myself in position to finish out the trip the following day (today). This morning, got up bright and early and was on the road by 7:00.

This morning was #22 of the past 24 mornings that I packed my bags and readied the moto for a day of traveling...
pdedse is offline   Reply With Quote