View Single Post
Old 07-29-2010, 02:07 PM   #57
BOBMUNZ
In jail for a while.

Oddometer: 491
Forgive me if this has been asked before but isn't this a form of liquid latex mixed with small particles to assist puncture sealing? It looks awfully similar to a product I have been using for years that I picked up when I was a bike mechanic called Stan's Notubes Tire Sealant. The result inside the tire looks identical to the pictures GB posted.

That product was mainly marketed for mountain bikes to be able to convert their wheels and tires to a tubeless system, and to also stop punctures up to 1/4 inch. I remember a trade show they had a demo set up where people could jam an ice pick through the tire and it would hold pressure, even on an 80PSI tire.

The other reason I ask is not to sound like a jerk or hijack or anything but there is a significant difference in price based on a 1L volume, I'm curious what sets your product apart.

EDIT: Just watched the demo video, suppose I should have done that first, but it just confirms my observation that its a liquid latex, but my other question still stands as to why the significant difference in price, because from what I can see they are basically the same product perhaps just slightly different consistencies.