View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 11:10 PM   #85
Exile OP
The Mundane and The Magic

Oddometer: 197
Oregon & The Coast

We got started from Canyonville, OR a little late. The ride was quite cold. It warmed up slightly but got colder as we approached the windy ocean.

Today was accident free accept for the devious little insect that nailed me in the throat and then proceeded to sting the crap out of me.

Today was back and forth from gravel to tarmac. We avoided most of the work -around updates from all the logging. I found a bit of issue with Problem 5 on Sam's list from Scott. "At miles 449.12 go straight" should now be a "bear right" as there is a new logging road there. He has two "bear left" listed in a row when we only went by one. The following "At mile 2.1 bear right" is now a 3-way crossroads...take the right "straight" road. Other than that, it is fairly easy to get around.

We avoided Problem 6 all together by taking a left at Cow Creek Rd. before the route's left turn. This takes you on tarmac winding through the mountains paralleling the trail to the south.

Here is all the logging we missed.

By late afternoon we had reached Port Orford and the coast.

And proceeded to Paradise Point to play around.

It was tough to "crawl' through the sand...and even harder to get out.

After 23 days, we have successfully reached the coast. The return trip home begins tomorrow.

My Site
TAT 2010 RR!
DR650 Stator Rewire
Exile is offline   Reply With Quote