View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 06:42 AM   #99
Barry in Arkansas
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Looks like North Central Arkansas has been forgotten

Some decent places in North Central Arkansas: This is just a short list. If you try any of them, I doubt you'll be disappointed. Sorry, I have no photos. I'd be considered crazier than I am already if I pulled out a camera and started taking pictures of my food in any of these places!

BALD KNOB: Hoo Dats. A local favorite Cajun/Seafood/Steak place with a lunch and dinner buffet. Never eaten anything there that wasn't good. I'd give it an overall rating of at least an 8.

HARDY: Bob and Sandy's Beach Club Bar B Que. Up on the hill just north of the Spring River Bridge at Hardy. Some of the best "Memphis" style Barbeque anywhere. Order the large pork plate and you'll get full and probably start planning routes that include Hardy in them. I'd give it a 10, but then I like all bar b que, even bad bar b que, and Bob and Sandy don't know how to make it bad!

FRANKLIN: (find it on the map) Calibama Restaurant. My local eatery. Try the hamburger Steak, the Chicken Fried Steak of the Burgers and you won't be disappointed. Mostly local customer base, if you like that sort of thing, as I do, you'll be happy and full. I'd give it a 7.5.

MOUNTAIN VIEW: The Wing Shack. This is a sort of a chain, there's one in Batesville too. Specialty is wings of course, all flavors good. Good Burgers too. Biker Friendly, nice outside sitting area under the big porch. 7.5

MOUNTAIN HOME: The Blu Pig. Another Barbeque joint, but here the meat is smoked. Good pulled barbeque and good ribs. Live music on summer weekends. Another 7.5 place.

MAMMOTH SPRING: Fred's Fish House. There are other Fred's in the area, but this one is great. Older "road house" style diner. Good Fish, Good Folks. Another place where locals dominate. If you like catfish, you'll like this Fred's. (IMHO it is much better than the one in Mt. Home) 7.0.

Any of these places will welcome you and you'll leave full.

Barry in Arkansas screwed with this post 08-04-2010 at 04:51 PM
Barry in Arkansas is offline   Reply With Quote