View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #62
TW1STY
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Hi everyone,

Just picked up an almost new 2009 XT250 last week. 1,400 miles and nary a scratch! I already added some acerbis "bark busters." Other than that it is bone stock. Unfortunately the only pic I can access right now is the cell phone pic I took after my first "dirty" ride.

It has taken a little while to adjust. My "street" bike is a MV Agusta Brutale 910s. So I was a little disappointed at first with the lack of power. I know, "what did I expect?" But just being honest here.

That was my first impression...until I got her off the highway! What a difference! This bike is an absolute dream on trails. Power is very managable (I hadn't ridden dirt in 20 years...and I'm only 37). Also, the fit is perfect for me. I'm 5'6 and 165 lbs. On my first real "off-road" experience, I followed a buddy on a Yamaha WR250 with no issues (granted, he wasn't exactly trying to shake me!). The back roads and trails of SW Virginia make this area a motorcyclists paradise. We must have hit 8 creek crossings as we rode through many miles of the VA hills.

Anyway, I thought I'd just check in and say hi. Also, I'm looking for a rear rack. Any suggestions?

Twin Valley Friggin' Ralley
More of a good time than ought to be legal...
TW1STY is offline   Reply With Quote