View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 09:31 PM   #1
dunesnstars OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
Sport Bike to an Enduro or Dual Sport

During the Memorial Day Weekend of Twenty Ten, two months after I earned my motorcycle endorsement and ultimately becoming an inmate of the ADV riders group , I ran into this fellow and his beast....

The Fellow...

His Beast...

After staring at this beast for a few minutes, it dawned on me that underneath all that shiny, custom, steel mods is in fact a Ninja 650r. I said to myself, "Wow, that's pretty cool! I have one of those!" my next thought was, "Is this guy bored?"

Another two months later...

I wonder if I'm bored?
What is this picture exactly?

That's me! Removing the first bolt.
45 minutes later... all the plastic is gone!!

So as you can see, I've decided to make the plunge and convert my 650r to an Enduro/Dual Sport. We will call him EN-ja.

For now, I will say good night to you inmates and to EN-ja. Tomorrow, I will continue my search for and/or design of: headlights, fog lights, mirrors, turn signals, crash bar, hand guards, custom fabricated radiator guard, gravel guard, guard for coolant tank, guard for map sensor, tires, luggage rack, saddle bags, mounts for dash, brackets for gas can holders, custom gas can holder, gas cans, reinforced kick stand, and the list goes on and on...

Oh no! What have I gotten myself into??

The rush from riding on two wheels... priceless.
dunesnstars is offline   Reply With Quote