View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 01:59 AM   #71
Loadedagain OP
making chips

Oddometer: 26,714
i felt a bit guilty just looking at the bike while i wait for my license plates. they could take a couple months apparently (applied for collector ones) and if they call an inspection the bike has to go in under its own power. i decided i'd do some of the small jobs that don't require dis assembly... like foot controls!

the stock pedals are pretty bulky and i'm going to have a solo seat. no need for the passenger pegs!

made a set tonight that are kinda neat. a little "dog bone" bracket mounts to the stock bolt holes, then i machined an arm with a small roller bearing. unfortunately i designed it for the rear bolt hole, but that is a bit too cramped for me so the linkage pickup point is a bit too far forward. i made up another program with the right dimension which i'll run tomorrow morning. for now this is it:

and a shot of the stocker for reference

the brake side is similar. i will be changing the rear brake to a more modern caliper and cylinder which should be here next week. i'll confirm the cylinders new location on the frame, then machine that arm.

also need to work on the gear linkage to get a good ratio.

Stenhouse Racing - Specializing in KTM Upgrades
custom cnc service available to suit your specific needs.

Loadedagain screwed with this post 08-11-2010 at 02:05 AM
Loadedagain is offline   Reply With Quote