View Single Post
Old 08-17-2010, 07:15 PM   #45
soph9 OP
Bike Addict

Oddometer: 2,057
July 31st 2010 con't

Being back after so many years was so good. Just wish we had more time to explore the National Forest but at least we got on top of the world in the Northeast. This little detour put us behind schedule. We rode and rode but did not make it to Lake Placid as planned and our itinerary was changing day by day. We ended up in Morrisville, VT at a motel.

Before turning in for the night I was starving as usual. So desperate I almost had Cheryl buy us food from a gas station where their burger meat was gray. After Cheryl pointed this out to me we walked out. Did not feel like we should kill ourselves with food poisoning. Some nice lady outside heard us trying to figure out where to get a meal in the middle of nowhere and she pointed us in the direction of the Mooselook Restaurant. BIG home cook meals and cheap! Nice dinner we both had and some very weird and interesting folks eating at this dive.

Thought we would give ourselves a break but to be honest motels or hotels are not worth the money. We are showered again and getting ready to head out to Canada tomorrow. Goal for the next day was to get to Ottawa so we both could see the capital of Canada and where the RCMP headquarters are located. Once again, great riding and I think today was the best as far as scenery and weather combined.

soph9 is offline   Reply With Quote