View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 03:13 AM   #47
soboy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,285
Regarding luggage: When I bought my Shadow, I thought long and hard over how I was going to deal with luggage and I checked out all the possibilities - leather saddlebags, hard saddlebags, rear rack, tail bags, tank bags, etc. I bought the Shadow to take my girlfriend riding, as all my other bikes were too tall for me to carry a pillion. Figured I needed some carrying capacity if we were going to do two-up day trips. Turns out she is scared out of her mind to ride. So the luggage decision at that point was a no-brainer: I just use my old standby method - a backpack. I like the looks of my bike and didn't really want to mess up its appearance with luggage. I have two other bikes to use that both have carrying capacity, so why put luggage on the cruiser if I don't need to?
"Reason takes a holiday as Dr. Horrible spends money he doesn't have, on a motorcycle he doesn't need, in a misguided attempt to recapture his youth which, upon reflection, wasn't all that great in the first place."
"Ride to the bar in your pirate outfit, guzzle some beer, play "Free Bird' on the juke box and then go home. Badass."
soboy is offline   Reply With Quote