View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 04:24 AM   #56
XTrooper
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoVector
Before buying my Norge in Sept of last year (got a SMOKIN' deal on a held over '08), I test rode the Norge back to back with the RT....twice! While the RT is a very nice bike, I fell in love with the "old world" feel and sound of the big Guzzi V-Twin. I felt the Norge was a more "sporting" RT....or think of it as an RT's hooligan cousin. Felt loads lighter than the RT (the RT is quite a bit taller) and snapped side to side in the twisties with much less effort. Also fueled cleaner down low, engine and tranny were smoother throughout their ranges.

Just coming up on 10k miles after 11 months of ownership and I'd buy it all over again. Like another poster said, I have no clue why there aren't more of these on the road, because they are fantastic bikes.

Re. the cruise control, I put a heavy Throttlemeister on mine and just love it. Gives me a rest when I need it on long rides. Highly recommended.

-NoVector
Thanks for your insight into the Norge and your tip reference the Throttlemeister. I'll keep them in mind if I decide to go with a Norge in the future.
NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired 4/1/1991)
2011 BMW F800GS - Alpine White
2009 BMW R1200RT - sapphire black metallic (sold)
XTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote