View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 12:51 PM   #173
poonbean
gottago

Oddometer: 44
Well - I just finished up a 2.5 week 5,500 mile trip from San Francisco to Alburq to Helena and back to SF. The trip north was with Rawhyde on their northbound Great Divide Ride - roughly 2,200 miles along the Continental Divide and I'll guess 500 or so miles on slab, the rest on dirt, gravel, mud, roads, water crossings, two track, and single track. Awesome fun and challenging.

The motoport gear performed extremely well, took a beating, saved my knees, back, elbows, and shoulders and survived some pretty solid impacts to gravel and rock and dirt and sage brush without a scratch - unlike my KTM, which looks even better, now. I crashed at least 6 times on day one, perhaps 3 on day two, and once or twice on days 3 and 4 - then no more dumping after I got my skills dialed in. Last year during 4 days in the Mojave I wore a compression setup with strap on knees, and neither I nor the geared faired nearly as well.

The cycleport marathon jacket and overpant setup, all air mesh, was super comfy, breathable and cool in CA, NV, NM, CO, and WY and with the liners was fine in the rain and wind above the snow line in WY and MT and ID. I blasted through death valley at noon on Aug 3 and was fine - of course moving at about 95-105 mph helped, too. This gear now replaces my shorter and tighter air mesh jacket and street jean setup - currently for sale. Highly recommended.[FONT='Verdana','sans-serif'][/FONT]

poonbean screwed with this post 08-22-2010 at 01:00 PM
poonbean is offline   Reply With Quote