View Single Post
Old 08-31-2010, 04:54 PM   #13
yeuop OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 418
Day 5

I slept again without tent. But I did not know how nasty mosquitos they have here. My face was all red and my nose was big as a pear. I looked in the mirror (motorcycle mirror!! i do not carry any other mirror than that ) and I looked like.... well I don't know. So I got up at 3:30AM of polish time (in Ykpaiha it is 4:30AM) and start riding before there was a sun on the horizon. What a fantastic feeling!!
Militia guys were curious what kind of idiot travels on a motorcycle that early so I was stopped two times. One of them asked: "Did you drink?"

So I went to Kharkov city. It is a very nice city. I usually hate cities that have more than 50000 inhabitants because they are big and not always cool to ride in. So if I say I like a big city then probably it could be nice For example I really do love Odessa. This is a strange thing because city is quite big but it is fantastic place and I feel there very good. I don't know why. Kharkov:

In Charków there is a cementary of polish officers killed by NKWD. Several thousands of them are burried here.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

..and only 1km from this place there was a monument of golodomor (great famine) that Stalin "gave" Ukrainians. MANY of them died. There were very few pictures of that but quite depressing.

After that I went to Belgorod in Russia. Border was quite ok. It took around 2 hours. They helped me with filling the forms.

RUSSIA!!

Roads are good, fuel is even cheaper than in Ukraine. What else do I need?
I slept by the gas station.

Distance: 430km

yeuop is offline   Reply With Quote