View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 02:07 PM   #101
Grizzlybear
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 487
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumperpilot
Wow! Where did you get that!

It is not hard to see that this bike will rock the dual-sport world like nothing else on looks alone. From the above it seems to be proportionally correct apart from the large muffler, no doubt a direct requirement of the Euro noise nazi's but the aftermarket will soon fix that. Triumph have cleverly put all the right bits in all the right places so me-thinks that if the specs follow somewhere close to the following ideal, the'll sell ship loads of this bike.

The name: Tiger Cub. Perfect, rolls of the tongue well and evokes an emotion.
The engine. 800cc enlarged from the 675 via increased stroke. Perfect, lightweight long stroke motor will produce buckets of torque and a respectable top end. I'll guess it at 110hp @ 11,000rpm and 100Nm with 70% of that available from 3500rpm onwards.
The bike. With the Street Triple scalling in at about 167kg, my guess is the Tiger Cub (in either form, road or off-road) will tip the scales at around 175kg. This is similar to the KTM Super Enduro and super expensive BMW 1200GS HP2 but around 15kg lighter than the obvious opposition, the buzzy F800GS at 189kg.
Fuel range: Triumph claim that the bike will go the distance in touring mode so I am thinking that 20L can be squeezed in for a theoretical range of approximatly 400km. Par for course but nothing wrong with that.
Suspension: From the video teasers, pics and line drawings it appears Triumph have this well sorted. Likely travel will be around 220mm to 240mm both ends and the two piece seat (probably adjustable) will have you off the ground by about 840-850mm being a good compromise for most riders.
Frame and swingarm: Steel frame construction is the way to go for strength and ridgidity but might add an extra pound or two to the weight. The alloy swingarm looks stylish and will do the job. Hopefully the centre-stand is not an optional item but standard fitment.
Panniers: Hopefully a set of alloy boxes will be an option for the off-road version with the normal plastiky Givi type panniers for the roadie.

Hey, it cost nothin' to dream! Griz

Current rides: 2009 Scrambler, 2011 Tiger 800 and Daytona 675R.

Grizzlybear screwed with this post 09-01-2010 at 02:16 PM
Grizzlybear is offline   Reply With Quote