View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #30
knybanjo OP
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,958
Thanks steve and Jamie!

I went out for a spin today on my only day off of the holiday weekend..but it was a good one!

Somehow I took way too many pics so this may need a couple of posts.

Just rolling out of the neighborhood....

...and through the Kings Mtn parks.

There's lots of Revolutionary War history in this area and this is a cool place to check out!

...but today I'm just passing through...

For some reason I just like to go down this dead end and practice my u-turns every now and then.

The cotton crop looks pretty healthy this year...it'll look brown and dead when it's ready for harvest in about another month.

Although some white puffs can already be seen...

Same road, different day....I ride through this farmland a lot when I'm headed for the hills.

The remnants of an old mill.

Just up the street I made another house call...

I might try some post process on this one later....

We had perfect weather all three days of Labor Day weekend here in the Western Carolinas....I hope you did too.

Same old, same old...my shortcut to the Parkway.....

The highest point in North America East of the Mississippi looks a little different without all the cloud cover from page one of this thread....same spot, different day.

It was a holiday...so I joined the parade!

Traffic had not been an issue until I decided to climb the mtn....

You can hike to the actual summit and there's an observation platform up there...but I didn't bother today as even the parking lot was quite busy.

I think it was beetles that killed a lot of trees.

Heading South on the Parkway.

When stuck in traffic.....ride around shutter happy!

Well I dropped back off the Parkway at my first chance and did my best to avoid Asheville and it's traffic. Next thing I know I find myself in Hot Springs with a clean traffic free run down 209!

Then I found myself at a crossroads.

Next up.....Hurricane damage!