View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 10:32 AM   #5
Lobster Grrl OP
Ground feeder

Oddometer: 2,474
We made our way across Maine and into NH on Route 2. It was painfully slow at times. Once in VT we decided to stop for lunch. We found a restaurant called Anthony's in St. Johnsbury. I had the chicken bacon burger special, Chromer had the roast beef

Riding across VT was beautiful. Lots of dairy farms and fields. We finally arrived at Burlington where we boarded the Lake Champlain Ferry.

The ferry took longer than I figured.
One hour twenty minutes to go 40 miles! They served beer though

Next to us on the ferry was a tatoo HD Skirtster chick sportin' official HD bandana protective head gear, and her pirate hubby riding a CanAm hauling a trailer. Both bikes so clean you can see yourself in the chrome. He looks over at my bike and says "Ummmmm, don't you ever wash that thing?" I said thanks, I have more fun in the dirt than I do on the pavement . He never said another word

Also on the boat was a guy and his wife from Colorado who had just spent a week kayaking the Penobscot and Kennebec Rivers. They raved about the rapids being some of the best they had ever run.

I made friends with a yoga instructor from San Fransisco who was on the way to visit her Aunt in the Daks. By the end of the trip she was instructing Chromer and I on a few positions. I'm sure it made for some interesting entertainment for the rest of the passengers on the boat

We eventually arrived at Port Kent and I got my first glimpse of the Adirondacks. Wow! I was lovin' it

lg

Lobster Grrl screwed with this post 09-07-2010 at 04:20 PM
Lobster Grrl is offline   Reply With Quote