View Single Post
Old 09-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #27
Blizzard Beast
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 488
Quote:
Originally Posted by nskitts
Don't take it off, put a cloth saddlebag on there! Or a woman!
I was actually thinking of putting hard panniers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQracing
Very handsome bike. And nice countryside as well. Looks like some good areas to ride in.

MSL
Yup Shimla,where I live has plenty of nice places to ride to.Lots of nice twisty roads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carockwell
To answer the OP's question, absolutely not. Maintain a constant speed over 60 mph and you will be shedding more parts than my cat sheds hair. If you mean can you ride for 30 miles at 65 mph, the answer is yes. If you mean can you ride across the country on I80 and stay out of the way of the trucks, the answer is no. After a brief time at 65 MPH you will need to do some wrenching, tweaking, oil adding, etc. These machine are designed to accelerate to speeds over 60 mph and then slow down for something. Steady state cruising at 65-70 mph is not realistic or advisable. Just take a test ride and you will come to the same conclusion. Steady state cruising at 55 mph is wonderful and will quickly make a convert of you.
I am not too sure .The new UCE engines are more reliable compared to the old cast iron ones.I have read accounts of people cruising at those speeds comfortably.But then again I have not experienced that myself,the place where I live doesn't have roads to do that.And I never feel the urge to take it to 60mph,I am more of a sedate rider,and thats the way to go on most Indian roads.
Blizzard Beast is offline   Reply With Quote