View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 06:11 PM   #33
queenpdog OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 964
Well, I have put another 600 or so miles on the little beast and thought I'd post up some more "impressions" and pics. Today I really put her through her paces. I did some freeway superslab to some Minnesota secondary roads. Then, hopped through some little towns and crossed the big Sip into Wisconsin. Between Lake City, MN and Pepin, WI lies beautiful Lake Pepin. This is where the river widens to a point of being a couple miles across.

Next up was Wisconsin's Rustic Road 51. It is 4 miles of packed to loose gravel and clay, with 4 water crossings. Yeah, I know....not the best footing for a sport-ish bike, but she did just great.

After that I rocketed south to hit some of Wisconsin's finest "Alphabet Roads". These are county roads named with letters (C, SS, TT, CC, A, D, ....you get the picture). Lots of tight hairpin turns and long 75 mph sweepers. The Street Triple is Nirvana in this environment.

I hightailed it home with some more highway and superslab, all in all covering about 300 miles.

The bike didn't miss a beat, got about 47 mpg, handled everything I could throw at her. I love this bike.

As fall approaches, I will be making a couple of mods to the bike. I am installing some heated grips and an accessory plug for some heated gear. Does anyone know if there is a way to boost the power capacity/output of the battery and charging system? I've heard there isn't much juice to play with there.

Juia

'12 Tiger 800XC
'01 TW200
So long Street Triple R, Scrambler, R1150R, F650GS, R100RS....I've loved you all.
queenpdog is offline   Reply With Quote