View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 04:16 AM   #54
yeuop OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 418

Day 15
For the first 70km there was a superb road. So it means the bad road is gone? Pfff.. no way!!

In the very beginning I rode on first gear on that shitty road. Damn, I do not know how to ride it properly.
But once the good road was cut like in the picture above and I didn't even notice it while riding around 50km/h and......... yeah!! That's it!! So either you ride 5-10km/h or at least 50km/h!!
After some time spent on that shitty road I noticed that it gets even better when the back wheel loses its grip. So either you give it a lot of gas on 2nd or 3rd gear or you may give it a little shot from clutch. (Damn, I don't know how to say this with clutch but I bet you know what I mean )
Then back wheel can ride through anything and front wheel is quite light so it doesn't hurt front suspension that much when it gets in hole or hits small stone. This is important because I have a feeling I might brake my suspension in case I didn't ride here properly. And do you think I have money for a new suspension? Come on

Met a biker on a KLR 650 with 55liter gas tank..

And here is my biggest hero I have met on this trip
It's Michail (Mikhail) from Chukotka (better check where that is) going to Europe and back on that small 250ccm

As usually I slept next to the gas station.

Distance: 379km

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeKKTiNoS
(But next time put your rain coat on)

I tried but it did not work as it is not as tight as my t-shirt.
yeuop is offline   Reply With Quote