View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 12:49 PM   #58
yeuop OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 416

Day 17

The road is finally good!!
I finally reach the city from which it should be close to Mongolia.

I meet biker on a Gold Wing. He explains me where local bikers meet. We rode a bit together into the town and damn.. I must confess this heavy fucker (Gold Wing) got better acceleration than my XT Until today I didn't know there exist bikes with such good acceleration!!

I asked for a room in one hotel. These idiots wanted 3400rubels for 1 night. (nearly 100 euros) Also met there guys from Ireland. It seems there's more of us going the same direction.

Andrej I met 3 days ago told me about a nice hostel in Irkutsk but they had no free room. So I went to another hostel and went to see town. Quite nice. But big though.

Then I went to see local bikers because I need to get a new oil for my bike.

One of them offered me help finding oil. He rides custom Ural (damn, have I just made faux pass? I hope it is Ural..) and guess what!! That bike also got better acceleration than my XT!!

Here's the list I made specially for you of bikes with the best acceleration in the world.
1. custom Ural (it was louder than the GW which means it is faster)
2. Gold Wing
3. XT 600

We found suitable Motul oil so I thought I would change it right now. Ural rider wanted to help me and.......... FOOOOOOOOCK!!!!!!!!!! He destroyed the rifling. No oil leaking (at least not more than few drops in one hour) but can't let it be like this.

In the evening I met a biker who said he would help me with this tomorrow. Ok!

Distance: 379km

Quote:
Originally Posted by longwaybackhome

Great to see that you have started reporting, I haven't got that far yet for various reasons (although I came home 17th of August).

Glad to see you're ok!
Start reporting, your trip will be very interesting for all advriders
Gretings from Poland
yeuop is offline   Reply With Quote