View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 09:23 PM   #1985
itsatdm
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexk243
I have had mine (92, 36000) for about two years now and I have not done any valve adjustments. I know it varies from bike to bike how important they are and how quickly they get out of whack, so what is this bike notorious for with valves?
26,000 miles between checks is quite a while for a motorcycle. Yours are overdue for a check if not ever done or you don't know. They will tighten up and if they do, burn an exhaust valve. I went way past the due date and I had 1 that had no clearance, or at least so small that a .002 gauge would not fit, but no damage done. Nothing notorious about the valves at all, except labor intensive if you need to change some shims. 10 valves and shim under bucket. About 5 hours to do it. To check, not so bad, but the side covers, fuel tank comes off and need to drop the radiator.

edit: the emulsion tubes are from factory pro. Same as stock but with nickle plating and last longer for about the same price. You are getting around 50 mpg right? if not the stockers are probably ovaling out.

itsatdm screwed with this post 09-16-2010 at 09:35 PM
itsatdm is offline   Reply With Quote