View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #3103
T O Double D
Pogue Mahone

Oddometer: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal
Were you and you buddy able to fix your tank? My tank has a small crack in it and I'm not sure where one of my brass inserts went that the bracket attaches to. Does anyone know if this material can be plastic welded back together?
Right now I don't see myself doing any races on the SE anytime soon, but it would be nice to be able to do longer rides and not have to back off when the going gets rough.
I contacted Ned and got a new for $150. Something I forgot to mention with mine is that I didn't have the middle bracket installed the whole time. I did ride it improperly mounted for a bit. My friend however had his mounted correctly the whole time and even had pannier racks that protected the tank from tip overs.

My buddy's tank was sucked into the chain and wheel and like yours has a hole in it. Mine did not have this occur. The bolts just came out. We both just got new ones and are slowing the pace a bit. We had done the LA2B2V keeping pace with most of the 450s, etc... so we aren't exactly slow riders, but it looks like your even faster. Maybe get the huge Safari tank?

Oh yeah, we also have a fabricator friend that is trying to find a way to brace our tanks at the bottom. He thinks he's got a good idea for it and I'll let you know how it goes.

Cheers!

Oh, and to keep on topic here's a water craossing out in the Owhyee area...

T O Double D is offline   Reply With Quote