View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 08:04 PM   #46
queenpdog OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmarino
It was an involving install as there is no easy plug in available. I used the FSM to find a wire with switched power and I soldered in a relay. That way if i ever leave the grips on it wont drain the battery. I also mounted the resistor to the sub frame under the bodywork. I'd be happy to point you in the right direction and could shoot a few photos for you.

Glad you are enjoying your bike!
I just read your whole ride report. Good thing I didn't have anything important to do tonight. Really good stuff. I'm glad to see that the Striple is a bike that can hold up for many 10's of thousands of miles. When are you going to finish the report?

A few pics of your relay install would be really helpful. I'm pretty mechanical, but I don't know much about electronics so I have been holding off on doing this job. I do have a soldering iron and have experience using that. Did you also install an accessory socket? I have a powerlet socket to install, but that item came with a pretty good plug and play setup. Looking forward to any tech support you can provide (and also the end of your report).

Cheers,
Julia

P.S. almost forgot....was that a ventura rack you had your Pelican mounted to? I'm wondering what became of the rack after the ride. I have heard of a few of the arms breaking and that ventura is pretty good about replacing them if that problem occurs. I'll have to keep an eye on mine.

'12 Tiger 800XC
'01 TW200
So long Street Triple R, Scrambler, R1150R, F650GS, R100RS....I've loved you all.
queenpdog is offline   Reply With Quote