View Single Post
Old 09-22-2010, 01:31 PM   #54
Jamie Z OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 7,577
Brian and I got together yesterday as planned. I'm working on compiling the Missouri route. I ran into a couple of problems, mostly near Cape Girardeau, if someone can double check my work.

Specifically, at this intersection: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=37.442...,0.061798&z=15

The Vertices maps show the MRT coming south down Highway V and continuing on Highway V by turning left (again, coming from the north). When I approached this intersection, I found an MRT sign on Highway V to the left, but also an MRT sign straight ahead on Highway Y. That is, the signage indicated that the route went both directions.

Some very rudimentary scouting indicated that the MRT does follow Highway V. Curiously, the sign on Highway Y does not appear in Google Street View. Plus, it seems more logical to follow V. I think the other MRT sign was placed there in error, but if someone had more time to run around that area, maybe there is a spur or alternate route.

Also, many of the signs in Cape appear to be missing; at the very least the signed route does not follow the same path as shown on Vertices. I followed what I believe to be the intended route, but almost all of it was unsigned, except for a couple of spots. Can anyone else work in Cape to figure it out?

Jamie

Budget Travel the Jamie Z Way
Jamie Z is offline   Reply With Quote