View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 08:17 PM   #9
SuperCruise OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Alrighty, today is surgery day for my S10's cruise control operation. First up is finding a place to locate the cruise control unit. I did find what seems to be a nice spot for it underneath the fuel tank as shown here:

Here's what it looks like when I jimmy the cruise control unit in there:

It's a fairly snug fit, but with the tank down and the air filter box back on there is adequate clearance for the fuel pump and its attachments to hang down where they need to without obstruction and the radiator hose is a good 1cm from it. The cruise control unit also sits in an upright direction, as it is supposed to, but angled nicely for its wiring loom and control cable to run up alongside the right hand side of the airbox for looping around to the left where the throttle cable is connected. It's hard to take a picture with the tank down, but here's one I took from the right hand side to show clearance when closed:

This only issue I can see with this location is that it takes some of the airspace around the alternator (first pic, bottom-left, silver thingy) but I still reckon it's got enough space left for cooling purposes. I'm going to have a look at whether under the seat is another location possibility but I don't think I'll be able to mount the cruise control unit near vertical as it is supposed to be mounted. In the meantime, can anyone see any major flaws with using the location I have just identified?

Around Australia, Super Tenere Style
SuperCruise is offline   Reply With Quote