View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 05:48 AM   #11
kirkster70 OP
moto junkie

Oddometer: 1,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobthebiker
ok dude, STOP! you're making me want to go spend a LOT of money on welding toys just to amuse myself and make a few bucks.

seriously, I'm impressed with the resourceful thrift with which you've built effectively $5000 in shop tools should you purchase them. job well done.

I keep looking at these things and thinking how much I want to own a bunch of welding stuff.
Believe me, I know how you feel! That's why my V-Strom had to make the ultimate sacrifice. I could never seem to afford a welder, yet I bought a new bike every 6 months or so. Didn't make sense.

I have only shown half of what I've made in 2 months. I'm trying not to come off like a braggart, but I'm just pretty excited to be finally making stuff. It's pretty awesome.

Fixing stuff, too...I was a hero when I welded my kids broken tricycle pedal back on! Then I made some "trick pegs" that screw on the axles of my other kid's bikes for doing stunts. I think I spent most of the day making pegs for kids in the whole neighborhood!! Ha Ha! I was the cool Dad that day!

kirkster70 screwed with this post 10-04-2010 at 06:08 AM
kirkster70 is offline   Reply With Quote