View Single Post
Old 10-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #35
kirkster70 OP
moto junkie

Oddometer: 1,905
While the paint is drying and I'm waiting on the big brown truck, I have another project waiting in the wings...

A redneck bike lift!!!!

I had an old LTD 440 project bike that I got for free that I traded for this wheelchair lift that the other guy got for free. It was meant to be.

The lift is rated at 750 lbs. and is gear driven. I will gut some of the control boxes and then mount one box on the L and one box on the R. I will extend the base, extend the platform, make some mounting ears, and bolt it to the concrete garage wall and floor. I will figure out some kind of drop down or removeable leaves for lifting ATVs, mowers, etc. I will also make a wheel clamp for bikes. This will happen after the bags are completed, unless I'm still waiting for parts.

I also have another project lurking in the building...and old, abandoned ATV that I was given that will become an offroad wagon for campfire wood gathering operations.

So, see? It's a friggin' sickness. I go to bed, then wake up with more ideas. And somehow, they seem to work out. I had dreams for about 3 weeks telling me to get rid of the DL. No kidding. And yeah, I think I may be a bit psycho in case you couldn't already tell.

kirkster70 screwed with this post 01-14-2012 at 05:58 PM
kirkster70 is offline   Reply With Quote