View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #59
antonv
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 208
Ive been using the Navigon app for a month now. I was really surprised how well it worked. I made a custom route, with about 15 points. It wasnt particularly easy making the route on the phone. This is the only downfall of the product. You cant make a route on the computer and upload it to the phone. I did read online that this IS possible, if your iPhone is jailbroken(unlocked/hacked). My warranty will be up in a few months, and I might try to unlock it.

I have the RAM handlebar mount with clip in bracket for the 3gS. There is no play at all, and the phone is extremely secure. This app will kill your battery very quickly, so having power is essential.

Mine is powered accordingly:

Battery to SAE with inline fuse
Powerlet tankbag adapter (SAE to SAE)
SAE to Dual cigarette Plug (inside tankbag)
Griffin Powerjolt Dual USB cigarette plug
Apple wire to iPhone
Other Cigarette socket powers my Valentine 1

I have the SENA SMH10 unit, and stream my music via Bluetooth from the phone as well. I mainly use internet radio, so my phone is running pretty hard. (Navigon app, streaming internet radio, & streaming bluetooth). With the new iOS, I can control my music functions from the headset. Play,pause,track forward, track reverse, volume up/down.

The route type choices (motorcyle/car , fast/sceinic, etc..) seem to give some decent options on traveling. Ive never lost GPS reception, but I wasnt too far off the beaten path.

I think for 60 bucks, its a great product, and hopefully Navigon is pro-active with their software development and will continue to release updates.