View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 01:00 PM   #40
kirkster70 OP
moto junkie

Oddometer: 1,905
I painted the rack today, so it's drying, and still no materials. I made good use of my time and tore into the lift.

I gutted the nurse call, the alarm circuit, and everything that wasn't needed.

The high and low limit switches and the EPO button are still operational. I bypassed the keyswitch, but it could still be functional with a new tumbler. I didn't see a need for that.

I mounted controls on the left and the right so I can operate it from either side.

I need to draw up an idea and then start reinforcing the base and making a lift platform with a ramp.

I still need to clean the crud out of the lift, and then put the covers back on.

I also need to wire a 50A plug in the old garage, because my welding setup is in the new garage, and I don't have an 8/3 extension cord. I don't think my 30' spoolgun will reach either, so I guess I will be running 3/4" conduit tomorrow. I can at least make some mounting tabs and prep the cabinet for welding. I'll borrow a hammerdrill from work for setting anchors.

The lift raises to 46", so that should be plenty high enough for working on bikes.

kirkster70 screwed with this post 01-14-2012 at 05:59 PM
kirkster70 is offline   Reply With Quote